Monday, May 25, 2015

The beginning of a sub box addiction!

   Everyone has known someone who's mentioned subscription boxes, or bought one or two. I tried Birchbox for a while, but even with the amazing points system- I grew tired of tiny samples. They were totally worth the $10 a month, just not what I desired in a sub box. So, then came Ipsy and Lip Monthly. Ipsy is $10 also, and again small sample sizes, but worth every penny and then some if you're out to try many brands. Lip Monthly on the other hand, let's just say they got their customer service skills from sharks. They want to take your money and send you broken or expired lip products. No thanks! That brings us to Boxy Charm.
   ****
   This company claims to send 4 to 5 full size or deluxe samples each month for $21, and the value is quite a bit more normally. I was sold on full sized. I received my first box mid May. I looked at all the sneak peeks, so I already knew what I was getting, but I was excited nonetheless.
****
   Mays theme was Bold & Beautiful, and they encouraged going beyond your comfort zones. Here is a list of the products in this box (photos included).
  1. ModelCo Bronze Shimmer (full size) retails for $22.
It's said that it's perfect for creating a warm tan with a hint of shimmer. As scare as shimmer bronzer sounds, it's actually not too overpowering. You can find this bronzer at www,modelcocosmetics.com
****

   2.  The Lip Bar Lipstick (full size) retails for $20- in the color Purple Rayne.
A blend of vitamin E, Shea butter, and avocado oil, they definitely leave the lips moisturized, while leaving you with a nice wash of color. With just one swipe, you get a hint of color. With 2 or more swipes, it becomes a beautiful opaque purple. The packaging is to die for. The lipstick even comes in a soft protector pouch. Photo below of swatches (1 swipe vs 2 swipes)
****


   3. Bodycology Essential Brow Trio (full size) retails for $19. 
For those of you who can't leave the house without doing your brows, this is one of those products you must have! There is a shade for every skin-tone / complexion.
****

4. Bodycology Brow Brush (full size) retails for $19. 
This is a dual ended brush. One end has the slanted end perfect for applying the powders to your brows, the other end has a spoolie for distributing the color better.You can find these at www.bodyography.com I will leave a photo below to show the beautiful packaging. 
****(pictured above with the trio)
   5. Lauren B. Beauty Nail Polish (full size) retails for $18. Color- Sunset Blvd
It claims to be quick drying, chip resistant, and long lasting. It's also vegan-friendly which I love. It's an orangey-coral color, perfect for spring and summer. 
****


   The Verdict? I was highly impressed with BoxyCharm. This is my new go to sub box. The over all value of this box was $98!  If you would like to sign up, I will leave my referral link below. Just click it and it will take you to sign up, here!

No comments:

Post a Comment