Friday, May 1, 2015

Go Ahead & Like It by Jacqueline Suskin

   I used to write, so much that it consumed my days. I actually passed 6th grade English only attending class 1 day a week. The rest of the week my teacher gave me a pen and a notebook and sent me about the campus writing about what I saw. Eventually life happened, and I wrote less and less, but the writer in me is still there somewhere.
  Go Ahead & Like It by Jacqueline Suskin has opened a door for me to begin writing again. My writers block is melting away like an ice cream sandwich left in the sun.  This book is perfect for those with writers block, or those who just want a little inspiration to write. There are 72 pages of reasons you should write lists, and photos of other's lists to give you an idea of where to begin.



   Each list starts with "I Like", and offers a way to come out of our shells and really think about the things we like /dislike about ourselves or our lives. I believe when we discover these, we can work on ourselves a little more on a deeper level to correct what we don't like and turn it into a positive.
   Jacqueline offers a unique perspective on writing, and I honestly couldn't put this book down until I finished it! Make sure you have a pen and pad ready when you begin reading it, you may feel inspired to write your own!  If you'd like a little more info on the book, click here! More info about poet and author Jacqueline Suskin, click here!
    I'm including a list of my own below, in case you're wondering what I could possibly like. <3 




**I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.**

No comments:

Post a Comment